Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:16 pm

DJ Panel V2!!

3 posters

Go down

DJ Panel V2!! Empty DJ Panel V2!!

Post by P-Stick Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:15 pm

This is it!!

I figured to make my 300th post I should do something a little special. Now I know most of you are uninterested and what have you, so I went and did it anyway. To brush up on my PHP skills I thought I'd enhance the complexity of the already too complex DJ Panel. We promised you great things about it and made it look like a big deal. Well for us it was, it was more organized. So now I'm making it more "user friendly" and client oriented. There are still a lot of bugs to work out, I try to foresee them all, but it just isn't possible to find them all by myself. I have tested these on Firefox so if there is a problem, please download Firefox or comment on the issue in this thread. Now without further a-do... how about explaining the new features.

Features:
  • New Voting System
    At first glance you may notice the new ratings that each request has. This still has some bugs to be worked out. I will tell you that straight up. I originally wanted the "thumbs" on each request that held the values of the id's, but it is running through a looped table so the id's of each request were.....also looped. ( ex: Real ID: 19 --> Looped ID: 218 Crying or Very sad ) Yes I know you may have fun screwing the scores as high or as low as you want. If this happens I have purposely implemented a method to reset the stats back to zero, so it's only wasting your own time. (See I foresaw this one) With that aside, if any request gets a rating of 5 or greater, it will become a "popular" request and will flash green. Likewise, if any request gets a rating of -5 or less it will flash red for "unpopular" or disliked.
  • DJ Sign Ups
    If you are interested in becoming a DJ or just looking to have some fun broadcasting over the radio, you may anonymously sign up here so only the DJ Owners will know who is interested. It does not have to be a public thing which is why the names are stored in a separate database. The name you choose when you sign up will be your username, which will bring us to our next upgrade, the Login System!
  • Login System
    Probably the most difficult, but most fun part of the code. The name and password chosen at sign up will allow you to access this area. You may be thinking... "Oh well if I sign up and just login I will be able to fuck with stuff." - Ya you might think that, but I have added a levels system field given to each DJ when signed up. The starting value, obviously, will be zero. A successful login will bring you to the Admin Panel but you will not be able to access any functions. The levels are on a scale of 0 - 3. Admins of level 3 will be able to click on applying DJ accounts as well as current DJ's and change information if needed. I am not going to go into detail about the admin system for security reasons.
  • My Account Info
    This is not a huge enhancement but makes the experience feel at home. There's not much to comment on this because it is unfinished. Basically this will allow the client to edit their own information as in comments or password. This was my latest project so I will try to finish it in the near future.

Future Updates:
  • I am working on a security system script to enhance the security. Basically if certain conditions are met, the system will ban you for a defined number of days and information will be taken down for analysis.

Known Issues:
  • Internet Explorer login will bring you straight back to login screen after successful login.
  • Internet Explorer submitting request will submit, then blow out ERROR: "You did not make a request."

I guess that's all for now. Please tell me if anyone has ideas or comments, I will try to periodically keep this up-to-date.
To test out and see for yourself use these credentials:
  • Username: test
  • Password: test

Downloadables:
  • Firefox

Last edited by P-Stick on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
P-Stick
P-Stick
SPAMMER!!
SPAMMER!!

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2007-10-15

My Points
Bad Ass Points:
DJ Panel V2!! Left_bar_bleue20/100DJ Panel V2!! Empty_bar_bleue  (20/100)
Rep:
DJ Panel V2!! Left_bar_bleue9/10DJ Panel V2!! Empty_bar_bleue  (9/10)

https://whsforum.own0.com/

Back to top Go down

DJ Panel V2!! Empty Re: DJ Panel V2!!

Post by xoeileen1757 Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:02 pm

ahem you excluded how you tested it with my laptop and account Razz

xoeileen1757
Access Moderator
Access Moderator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-10-03

My Points
Bad Ass Points:
DJ Panel V2!! Left_bar_bleue18/100DJ Panel V2!! Empty_bar_bleue  (18/100)
Rep:
DJ Panel V2!! Left_bar_bleue7/10DJ Panel V2!! Empty_bar_bleue  (7/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by B0B_SAG3T Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:44 am

i have a suggestion...u can make me a dj and a mod for the offtopic forum threads
B0B_SAG3T
B0B_SAG3T
Rollin' With Saget

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-03-02

My Points
Bad Ass Points:
DJ Panel V2!! Left_bar_bleue10/100DJ Panel V2!! Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)
Rep:
DJ Panel V2!! Left_bar_bleue6/10DJ Panel V2!! Empty_bar_bleue  (6/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by xoeileen1757 Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:47 pm

lol bob saget you'll delete everything i say then ='[

xoeileen1757
Access Moderator
Access Moderator

Number of posts : 565
Registration date : 2008-10-03

My Points
Bad Ass Points:
DJ Panel V2!! Left_bar_bleue18/100DJ Panel V2!! Empty_bar_bleue  (18/100)
Rep:
DJ Panel V2!! Left_bar_bleue7/10DJ Panel V2!! Empty_bar_bleue  (7/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by P-Stick Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:04 pm

i have a suggestion...u have to come up over the summer u butt hole.
P-Stick
P-Stick
SPAMMER!!
SPAMMER!!

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2007-10-15

My Points
Bad Ass Points:
DJ Panel V2!! Left_bar_bleue20/100DJ Panel V2!! Empty_bar_bleue  (20/100)
Rep:
DJ Panel V2!! Left_bar_bleue9/10DJ Panel V2!! Empty_bar_bleue  (9/10)

https://whsforum.own0.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by B0B_SAG3T Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:01 am

i would but all my fund are depleted for my euro trip.

anyway....i still dont have mod status :/
B0B_SAG3T
B0B_SAG3T
Rollin' With Saget

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-03-02

My Points
Bad Ass Points:
DJ Panel V2!! Left_bar_bleue10/100DJ Panel V2!! Empty_bar_bleue  (10/100)
Rep:
DJ Panel V2!! Left_bar_bleue6/10DJ Panel V2!! Empty_bar_bleue  (6/10)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down